Assist in the maintenance and interpretation of the Orchard Garden at Minnetrista – a garden serving as a demonstration of techniques to grow fruits and vegetables in an urban or small setting. Expand your knowledge of food production, plant care, and interpretation by working in the garden and interacting and educating visitors. Take an integral role in the development of the garden by completing an independent project based on your learning interests and site needs. Projects could include implementing planting designs, creation of garden structures, community outreach efforts, and development of site management plans. Work with horticultural resources, landscape equipment, mentors, and peers to facilitate your project. Assist with leading and coordinating community outreach events as well.
- Perform maintenance including watering, weeding, planting, harvesting, and distributing produce
- Complete an independent project that enhances the positive impact of the garden
- Lead volunteers and community members on developing site
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Give a presentation at the conclusion of the internship
- Other duties may be assigned
The requirements of the job include the ability to work outside in varying weather conditions, and to work independently. An interest in horticulture and gardening is a must. Strong preference for candidates with experience in agriculture, food production, and community outreach preferred. Must be reliable and work well with both staff and volunteers.
Send resume with a cover letter and internship application to Mary Zwickl.
Application can be found on our website, http://minnetrista.net/home/about-minnetrista/get-involved/internships/
Email everything to email@example.com