Manager of Adult Education
Immediate Supervisor VP of Education
Directly Supervises NA
Written/Revised March 27, 2018
Written/ Revised by HR Manager
Job Summary: This position manages the development and delivery of informal educational programs and information for adults on both campuses as well as development and delivery for outreach programming; oversees the registration process, data collection, invoicing and budget for all adult informal programs; oversees adult tour programs and trains guides on CBG campus and oversees other adult self-directed educational opportunities and monitors their quality and effectiveness; teaches classes and leads groups. Performs other activities and advisory roles as required.
1. Establishes individual performance objectives that align with the organization’s vision
2. Manages cross-campus program schedule and other informal education offerings for adults
3. Directs and streamlines program registration functions for adult programs
4. Ensures all relevant program information is available on organization webpage and monitors for accuracy
5. Assesses current and future needs by obtaining ongoing feedback from staff and key internal and external program participants
6. Uses project management techniques to identify critical needs and to ensure process completion for program development
7. Develops program budgets and approves all budget transactions
8. Negotiates and administers contracts with instructors/vendors relative to classes and other public programs
9. Assigns, prioritizes, and reviews program related activities
10. Leads within the organization and collaborates with external organizations to plan workshops and other specialized informal education programs
11. Interacts with the informal education community of NE Ohio to develop partnerships and program collaborations
12. Ensures programs are aligned with organization’s objectives and evaluates them to ensure performance targets are met
13. Designs and implements quality program assessment tools
14. Analyzes program data and makes recommendations based on results of evaluation
15. Ensures staff and volunteers are trained on the use and delivery of the quality programs, can identify and address deficiencies and leads them in quality improvement exercises.
16. Teaches classes, conducts workshops, and participates in other activities as required
17. Other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in natural/environmental sciences, horticulture, museum studies or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years successfully leading informal education programs for adults
3. Proven base of knowledge, understanding and operations of adult informal education and interpretation.
4. Proven ability to seek out and implement new informal educational and informational delivery methods.
5. Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis, financial management, program development and evaluation; management of staff, volunteers, multiple programs; teaching and museum practices.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Altru by Blackbaud software.
1. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
2. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
3. Ability to effectively solve complex problems.
4. Ability to work with staff, enlisting cooperation across program areas and with outside parties, including collaborators and contractors
5. Represent the organization to its supporters and constituents credibly, enthusiastically, and professionally
6. Skill, experience, and temperament for collaboration, negotiation, and decision-making, including promoting teamwork within a program area and interdepartmentally.
Apply online at www.cbgarden.org or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=tha&jobId=40...