Working in collaboration with the Sales and Event Manager and Sales and Rental Coordinator, this individual will be responsible for food and beverage management of internal and external events, purchasing and inventory, maintaining budgets, staff training and supervising bartenders. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented and a solid understanding of operations as it relates to food and beverage.
Oversees all aspects of Internal and External GBBG food and beverage experiences to include but not limited to:
• Manages all food and bar equipment, beverage materials, bar set-up and beverage staffing for all GBBG events.
• Achieves goals related to sales and cost control.
• Ensures all beverage and food orders placed accurately and timely.
• Compose and distribute accurate Banquet Event Order (BEO) to Sales and Rental department in a timely manner.
• Maintain food and beverage menus.
• Manages client invoices, refunds and payments accurately and timely for Accounting Department.
• Manages distributor invoices, credits and return of inventory.
• Ensures all food and beverage are served in accordance with GBBG standards and health department regulations.
• Ensures proper inventory levels are maintained by enforcing inventory controls and weekly inventory reconciliation.
• Train and develops team members in beverage service, responsible alcohol service, sanitation, and safety.
• Creates, effectively communicates and administers work schedules for bartenders to meet maximum efficiency.
• Meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food and beverages are prepared and served in a healthy, safe and timely manner.
• Manages guest complaints or issues, resolving matters as expediently as possible.
• Oversees during event cash registers and credit card machines to ensure proper procedures are followed.
• Works to determine product selection, costing, roll out and staff training for all new food and beverages.
• Oversees quality, consistency, and presentation of food, beer, wine, liquor and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Ensures security and organization of beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages and bar supplies.
• Responsible for organization, cleanliness and security of all empty kegs.
• Manages GBBG staff bartending licenses and renewals.
• Responsible for inventory and ordering of event supplies related to food and beverages.
• Assists other internal departments with planning and execution of food and beverage for volunteer and member related events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Associate’s degree in Food Service or Hospitality preferred.
• A minimum of two-years experience in beverage service and coordination.
• Ability to manage several event’s food and beverage needs simultaneously and keep the many tasks related to each event moving forward.
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail and accuracy, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage financials.
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) desirable.
• Position is active indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, and includes but is not limited to lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, standing, and walking throughout the event.
• A qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a vehicle.
• Must obtain and maintain a current Safe Food Handlers Certification, ServSafe Certification and hold a valid bartending license.
• Position requires mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 13, 2018