At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America’s Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. AOC is a legislative branch agency, the recognized authority for the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to become the Deputy Director, Capitol Grounds and Arboretum. The leader will be responsible for assisting in planning, administering and managing work operations, and historic preservation and maintenance activities for the care, maintenance and improvement of the Capitol Grounds.
• Serves as the expert in horticultural design projects and historic preservation.
• Implements the CG Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
• Sets goals and deadlines, oversees, plans, implements and assesses all grounds related horticultural programs including designs, installations, development and maintenance activities.
• Manages implementation of a strategic plan for initiating, overseeing and evaluating a sustainability program and irrigation system.
• Implements new tactics to meet industry standards and best practices.
• Collaborates with stakeholders on the planning, execution of exhibits and other public events.
• Provides lectures and tours on horticultural and landscape preservation topics to the general public and other interested parties.
• Communicates long term organizational planning.
• Provides technical guidance to all staff on horticultural and gardening practices.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Successful candidates must have strong leadership, project management and landscape management, facility operations and historic preservation experience.
To apply, please go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495341900
All applications must be done on-line. Vacancy announcement CG-2018-116. Vacancy closes: April 30, 2018. The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.