This FREE American Public Gardens Association member benefit provides current Association member institutions with the opportunity to offer Better Homes and Gardens magazine subscriptions to their new and renewing members and to all staff, volunteers, and board members. Offer valid in the United States and Canada.
What is it?
- This Subscription Program is a Member Benefit for APGA Institutions (it is not available for individual members)
- This Member Benefit is available for the members, staff, board of directors & volunteers at each APGA Member Garden/Institution.
- The Subscription Program provides a one-year magazine subscription to each person that purchases a membership from an APGA Member Garden.
- The Program is voluntary – APGA provides subscription post cards that you give to members that renew or join.
What are the Guidelines?
- Your Institution must be a current APGA Institutional Member.
- This Member Benefit is intended to be an incentive to increase your membership sales.
- Do NOT send cards to current members – Give cards to people who are in your renewal cycle.
- If a member does not wish to receive the subscription, they should simply throw away the card.
- If a member already has a subscription, they can complete the card & mail it to get a bonus year.
What Do I Have to Do?
- Each participating Garden/Institution will designate a representative (or the Membership Manager).
- To request the cards, email: email@example.com.
- In your message, include the quantity of cards desired, and name & address of your garden.
- After you receive the cards, then distribute them to people that have purchased memberships or renewed – It is best to include the cards in your acknowledgment letters.
- Do NOT distribute the subscription cards to current members – The Subscription Program is intended to drive FUTURE membership sales.
- This Program is NOT retroactive.
- Provide clear instructions: To redeem the subscription, each person must fill out the card and mail it directly to Better Homes & Gardens (not to you). Clarify to your members that it does NOT happen automatically. They have to complete the card. Allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
- You are encouraged to promote this Member Benefit on your own website.
- Feel free to distribute the cards to your staff and volunteers.
Who Should I Contact with questions?
If you are not sure which membership you have, please email Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need more cards, email email@example.com.
Further questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Better Homes & Gardens Customer Service, call 800-374-4244, or email: email@example.com.